Wednesday, March 20, 2013

PIN-FACT-CHECKER: fixing broken makeup

I pinned this pin several months ago and knew I'd need it someday!

Yesterday, I left my makeup bag on the kitchen island and went to the bathroom for like 30 seconds.

And while I'd like to say that my children are always sitting quietly in some corner, reading books nicely.... 


That is NOT the case.
It's usually more like this:


or this:


or sometimes this:



So as you can imagine, when I came out and freaked out noticed that Mason, my almost 2 year old had finger poked all over my favorite blush.

BOOOO HOOOOO!!!


So this was the perfect chance for me to put the Pin to the test!

Here are the results.

It was relatively easy and I added some blush from another almost gone blush from MAC.
After my little experiment, it was like brand new.

Step 1: add any amount of other blush to the broken pieces.

Step 2: pour about 1/2 tsp of rubbing alcohol into the lid of the rubbing alcohol and pour it slowly into the broken makeup.

Step 3: mix it around. I used a chopstick but you can probably use anything you want that's relatively that size and probably disposable or washable.

Step 4: once you have the consistency of a paste, stop mixing and let it sit for 10-15 minutes.

Step 5: blot it with a Kleenex to remove the excess moisture. From here, I used the tissue to smooth it out. That seemed to work really well. Looks brand new!

CHEERS! 



No comments:

Post a Comment