Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Organizing My Jewelry

Ok.
So I searched on Pinterest and Amazon for months on the best way to organize my jewelry. I had a major jewelry issue.

This Christmas, I got one of the coolest gifts I could ever imagine!
My husband's grandma gave me a huge bag of probably >75 pieces of jewelry; costume jewelry from the 60's and 70's real gold bracelets, chunky necklaces, 10 or 15 bangle bracelets, big earrings, huge sunglasses with gold along the outsides of the frame.... And more.
You name it.
The coolest and most personal gift I'd gotten in years.
As I pillaged through the lot, I realized I had NO place for all my new pieces.
So I went on a search for the best solution.
And here it is:

I bought a combination of hooks I found at thrift stores.
I got an old frame and put a plastic screen thing inside it. I think it's normally used for yarn weaving projects for kids. Got that at Hobby Lobby. But be creative.
Organizing can be really fun!

This is a work in progress but it holds SO MUCH!
Gives me an excuse to go flea marketing and get MORE!

(Please excuse the child's toy car in the "before". Obviously my house isn't my own.)

CHEERS!

No comments:

Post a Comment